Reports to: Accounting Manager.
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently looking for a GL Accountant. The ideal candidate will provide direct support to the accounting team to ensure all transactions are properly entered.
• Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis, including: recording bank transactions and posting checks into accounting system
• Post monthly recurring journal entries
• Post and reconcile monthly and year-end accruals
• Reconcile company credit cards
• Post depreciation expense and reconcile fixed assets on a monthly basis
• Complete monthly sales and use tax reports and submit payment
• Complete annual Property Tax Statements for CA and AZ
• Perform Unclaimed Property due diligence and reporting
• Assist in preparation of schedules and response to inquiries and requests from external auditors in conjunction with Company's audits
• Ad hoc projects as assigned by Senior Director and Controller
• Other finance related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree, Accounting Emphasis preferred
• 2+ years of Accounting experience
• Experience in accounting software – Oracle and Concur preferred
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• High motivated, with strong work ethic
• Effective time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o38e-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.