Business Operations Analyst
Department: Business Analytics
Reports to: Manager, Business Analytics
Job Classification: Full-time non-exempt (hourly)
City/State: Oakland, CA (hybrid work schedule, expected 2-3 days in office)
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Business Operations Analyst. This position will report directly to the Manager of Business Analytics. The analyst will be responsible for owning and maintaining business operations data in our BigQuery data warehouse. Responsibilities will include analyzing our ancillary revenue streams (parking, concessions, merchandise, etc.) and finding insights to inform business strategy. This role may support other projects related to the fan experience as well. The Business Operations Analyst will also help the Corporate Partnerships team create value for A's partners and deliver meaningful data-driven reports to them. In addition to data management, this role will heavily focus on reporting and BI.
• Understand our Google BigQuery data warehouse and leverage it to find data that could help the business run more efficiently
• Develop Tableau reports to distribute knowledge and insights to stakeholders
• Help determine and track the KPIs management will use to measure success in ancillary revenue streams such as parking, concessions, and merchandise
• Perform ad hoc analyses related to business operations and fan experience (ex. Analyzing survey data) and deliver results in a timely manner
• Extract lists from our data warehouse as needed for other departments
Corporate Partnerships Support
• Assist all members of the Corporate Partnerships team in using our CRM system (KORE Sponsorship module in Salesforce) to ensure operational efficiencies with inventory management, deal sheet maintenance, and revenue reporting
• Manage relationships with third-party vendors (ex. YouGov, ReloMetrics, Nielsen) that support our partnerships team and make sure we are properly leveraging the platforms and strategically using the data provided
• Aggregate and analyze data from first and third-party resources to provide insights and recommendations for sponsor acquisition, reporting, and retention initiatives
• Coordinate efforts between Ticketing and Corporate Partnership teams to appropriately leverage all available assets (i.e. entitlements in the Ballpark app, sponsored ticket deals, reciprocal benefits to our members)
• Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field
• 2+ years of work experience (internships included)
• Experience with a SQL database toolset preferred (Google BigQuery, SQL Server, MySQL,
• Experience with a data science toolset preferred (R, Python, etc.)
• Experience with a data visualization/BI tool preferred (Tableau, Looker, Qlik, PowerBI,
• Ability to take a high-level (and sometimes vague) problem and come up with specific
business questions that will lead to a solution
• Eagerness to learn and willingness to accept feedback to improve
• Comfortable with a flexible work environment and ever-changing priorities
• Bonus points for being passionate about sports, maps, musicals, playing golf, and/or
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xo09-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.