Technical Program Manager, Digital Media (Grant Funded)
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
**Please note this role is grant-funded through December 31, 2022**
For NPR and our network of Member stations to scale and deliver on our public service mission, we must give NPR digital audiences a new way to support the journalism and programs they love. This complex, multi-year effort will require an experienced Technical Program Manager to work across teams to drive innovation and bring successful product solutions to market.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will be expected to implement best practices for project execution, and to be able to initiate, plan and execute critical large-scale, cross-functional programs. You should have outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills, and be able to execute and deliver successfully while working across functional lines including with Content, Marketing, Post Production, Product, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
• Define, scope and track technical launch plan and standard operating procedures that can scale within NPR and our Member stations
• Partner with product/engineering/design to create, monitor and share progress tracking/burndown charts against divisional OKRs; manage cross-team and cross-project dependencies; ensure forward momentum with project execution
• Work closely with technology teams (both internal and vendor-based) to create and implement plans for application releases/updates, system integrations, and performance improvements
• Work closely with technology teams to coordinate and deploy features to production, coordinate ongoing releases, and to scale the solutions
• Provide regular updates to leadership on project execution and plan progress; notifies leadership when the plan will slip in advance and lead efforts to resolve blockers and establish appropriate resolution paths
• Oversee project resource planning
• Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, and learning; mentor teams in best practices for planning and execution
• Lead efforts to proactively identify and remove blockers, including cross-divisional impediments
• 3+ years of full-time program management experience within a technical department
• Experience with an enterprise-level and/or large scale software product launch
• 6+ months of experience in Agile methodology in an enterprise-level organization
• B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Mastery of Lean methodology and practices across multiple development teams
• Strong practical and theoretical understanding of lifecycle management for large-scale programs and projects
• Experience with metrics-based project tracking and delivery projection
• Bonus: Building a relationship with the content/marketing business users
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3q3q-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.