Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
NPR is seeking a Systems Engineer for its IT Infrastructure team who will contribute to the design, administration, and support of all existing and new server infrastructure.
• Manage all systems supported by the On-Prem and Cloud Infrastructure team by performing infrastructure builds, storage management, Resource and Application monitoring, virus scanning, etc.
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall systems through following an institutionalized change management process.
• Evaluate new options to improve performance of both On-Prem and Cloud infrastructures.
• Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Create and maintain metrics to measure response time and availability for systems
• Respond to critical system issues on a 24x7 basis.
• Keep management up to date about any issues and escalating in a timely manner
• Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users and IT colleagues
• Work closely with the Security Engineers to ensure that systems are secure and in compliance with all policies
• Analyze and document business and IT process workflow, and make recommendations where improvements can be made
• Pursue expansion of knowledge of and skills in current and emerging information technology
• Other duties as assigned
This is a hybrid permitted role. The employee will be required to be onsite at our Washington, DC office at least 10 days a year. The employee must also reside in an NPR supported location based on the number of onsite days they choose.
• At least 3 years of experience supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering systems in an On-prem Datacenter and Cloud Environment
• At least 3 years of experience in planning, design, development, management, maintenance and support of infrastructure on Cloud (AWS or Azure)
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Migration projects with working knowledge of Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
• Experience with common open source automation and orchestration tools and technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, GitHub, Zabbix, etc).
• Experience with Linux or Unix server administration
• Working knowledge of Windows Servers (2012+), Active Directory, Azure AD, Office365, IIS, SQL, DFS and Microsoft Tools.
• Experience with networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, IP address management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple projects at the same time
• Experience creating detailed systems documentation and flow charts
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
• Knowledge of 2 Factor Authentication Application preferably Okta
• Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Suite, including SCCM, SCOM, etc
• Experience supporting VMWare ESXI or Microsoft Hyper-V
• Knowledge of Enterprise Storage Systems (Preferably Dell Unity and Cloud storage)
• Basic knowledge of Citrix load balancing technologies and Citrix VDI
• Knowledge of Enterprise Backup and Recovery Tools like Commvault, Cloud backup
• Relevant industry certifications related to AWS, Microsoft
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8y3m-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.