Senior iOS Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Digital Fundraising (Grant Funded)
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Each month, 129 million people engage with NPR via digital platforms – via our websites, smart speakers, podcasts, mobile applications, and more. We are looking an experienced, talented and knowledgeable software engineer to help us create new and interesting fundraising possibilities leveraging our digital platforms. This individual will join a cross-functional team developing the front end while integrating with back end services handling payment processing and customer relationship management.
Please note this role is grant-funded through December 31, 2022
A day in the life of a Software Engineer:
Each day you will work with a cross-functional team of brilliant professionals combining business, design/user experience and engineering expertise, working relentlessly to push the boundaries of what's possible, paving the road for the future of news and entertainment media.
Our team has a passion for Agile development and continuous improvement. We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously, regularly listen to Tiny Desk Concerts, tell coding jokes, have off-site happy hours, and optionally present at conferences. Plus we have great work-life balance - seriously.
The NPR Developers Blog is a great place to learn more about our team, who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Required Technology Skills:
• Experience integrating with 3rd party managed / developed API's (e.g. Salesforce, Stripe, etc.) as a part of creating holistic software solutions.
• Comfortable writing unit and other automated
• Experience working with a version control system (Git preferred).
• Comfortable working with and conducting stage and production deployments on AWS.
• Ability to create and communicate practical technical designs.
Other Required Skills:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail.
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code.
• Passion for standards-based web development and polyglot programming.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
Bonus Points For:
• Experience with integrating with Stripe and / or Salesforce.
• Every additional programming language and framework you are fluent in (Typescript, Java, Python, etc.).
• Experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
• Fluent in relational databases, such as MySQL.
• Experience working with Content Management Systems.
• Ability to work in Unix command-line over SSH terminal.
• Willingness to contribute to open-source projects.
Special Note about this Position:
This is a temporary position through December 2022. While we cannot guarantee this today, there is a likelihood of extension or conversion to a permanent role prior to the end of this period. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager any additional questions about this.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.