Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from concept development to inspecting pixels just before launch. You will rely on a full range of design skills from interaction design to product design to prototyping. This role represents design on multidisciplinary project teams, working with researchers, product managers, and developers. Your job is to help inform product vision and foster positive digital experiences for millions of NPR consumers.
• Create elegant and useful design systems that define the NPR digital experience across platforms.
• Distill complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and communicate them to stakeholders.
• Help create end-to-end design experiences, interaction models, and design systems.
• Work closely with your fellow designers, developers, product managers and audience research analysts to transform data into defensible design solutions.
• Facilitate design thinking and co-creation sessions across the organization.
• Collaborate with stakeholders at NPR and Member stations to prototype and test innovative approaches to fundraising on national platforms.
• Recommend and execute user research for new and existing products, and make recommendations for change.
• Recommend and implement new design standards and best practices.
• Identify cross-system dependencies and potential conflicts.
• Help tell the story of our product user experiences through storyboarding, user journeys, and other storytelling methods.
• Collaborate daily with a team who are as passionate about user experience as you are.
• Work in a highly efficient, interactive design process relying on minimal pre-existing documentation.
• Work closely with developers to help build prototypes and refine working products.
• Demonstrate an ability to balance the innovative with the pragmatic.
• Effectively work across multiple, related teams, systems, or projects within the division.
• Expertise in working with interface design tools like Sketch or Figma.
• Experience working with iOS and Android design patterns, informed by Apple's HIG and Google's Material Design standards, respectively.
• Understanding of accessibility best practices.
• Ability to tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to your team, stakeholders, and executives.
• Strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
• Passion for designing products and systems that aim to ''create a more informed public''.
• Strong mobile design aesthetic and a passion to explore that aesthetic on NPR's mobile products.
• Working knowledge of standards in mobile programming languages like Kotlin and Swift.
• Proven track record of designing and helping to ship successful products and services.
• Digital prototyping and coding experience.
• Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
• Experience working in an agile project methodology.
• Curiosity for emerging technologies and processes, and willingness to contribute relevant findings back to the NPR team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxo5m-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.