Associate Sponsorship Audio Producer
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR's Marketing team is responsible for building brands and growing our audience for podcasts, programs, and platforms. The team seeks to grow the reach and impact of everything NPR puts out in the world -
from our up-to-the-minute digital and broadcast content to our on-demand podcasts, events, videos, apps, and smart speaker content. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strategic mind, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively between multiple stakeholders and executives. They will be strategic and collaborative, and someone that thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment. This person should be a highly-motivated and organized individual who can manage simultaneous projects, programs, and deliverables, efficiently and effectively. They should be passionate about media and journalism and have an interest in new technology, actively seeking information on the latest innovations and opportunities for NPR.
• Create brand strategies and marketing plans for NPR's ever-growing portfolio of programs, podcasts, and platforms
• Identify target audiences, define marketing messages, and set KPIs to help NPR launch new properties and grow its audience
• Drive complex marketing projects from kick-off through execution, including: setting strategies, running meetings, scheduling creative reviews, overseeing budgets, and serving as the primary liaison with NPR's newsroom and Programming departments
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that Marketing's role and abilities are understood at the onset of project kickoff
• Schedule, track, and prioritize marketing and communications projects across all platforms (print, interactive/online, audio)
• Ensure timely project kick-off, completion, and approval from stakeholders and lead post-campaign debrief meetings
• Measure project success using industry-standard metrics (Nielsen ratings, Cume, AQH, click thru rates, downloads) that help determine the performance of ad campaigns, shows and podcasts
• Communicate clearly, collaborate, and motivate the project team to identify and achieve shared goals
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
• 6-8 years of experience in a marketing and/or project management role
• Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and gain the respect and support of internal and external clients
• Strategic thinker with a keen interest in the media landscape, with knowledge of the latest trends and best practices that drive audience growth and engagement
• Strong listening, writing, and speaking skills
• Knowledge of best marketing practices for audio, video, email, display ads, websites,
• Creative thinker and doer with a passion for marketing, advertising, and design
• Basic understanding of core marketing principles
• Experience in or with a media organization and/or public media preferred
• All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.