Technical Program Manager, Digital Media
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR Digital Media is committed to delivering high quality listening, reading and viewing experiences across all platforms. As a senior mobile engineer, you will work on high-performing Scrum teams in a collaborative environment. You will be involved in all aspects of feature development for existing and new NPR mobile apps, from planning to publish.
Required Tech Skills:
• Proficiency in both Swift and Objective-C
• Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
• Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
• Experience working with RESTful APIs
• Experience working with a version control system (Git preferred)
Other Required Skills:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail
• Ability to mentor and coach those more junior
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code
• Empathy for users and passion for crafting great user experiences
• Good oral and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
• Experience working with reactive programming frameworks, such as RxSwift or Combine
• Some familiarity with SwiftUI
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience working with Continuous Integration platforms
• Experience with rapid prototyping
• Familiarity with UX/UI design
• A passion for NPR's content and/or familiarity with our digital products
• Due to COVID-19, all of the employees in the Digital Media division (which this position is a part of) are working remotely until at least June 2021. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates via video conference. We are onboarding and supporting new hires remotely at this time as well. NPR has not made any long-term decisions at this time about working remotely full-time. Therefore candidates not in the Washington, DC area should plan on relocating to that area in mid-late 2021.
• We're an Agile shop grounded in Scrum + Lean, and we believe that investment in the right methods and tools, combined with attention to people and culture, is the best way to deliver great work as happily and efficiently as possible. We constantly try to improve how we do what we do.
• We are located in DC's NoMa district in a LEED Gold Certified building. We are 5 minutes to the metro and within 15 minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture (Union Station, H Street Corridor, and Union Market).
• We are diverse, lifelong learners. We read omnivorously from NPR's giveaway bookshelf (getting hints from the NPR Books Tumblr), regularly attend Tiny Desk Concerts, and edit bad grammar on milk cartons.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.