Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Essential Duties Include:
The Senior DevOps Engineer is primarily responsible for managing, monitoring and automating operations of a high-availability, high-scalability server infrastructure, performing in-depth performance tuning, as well as hardware troubleshooting and maintenance when necessary.
What we are looking for:
• Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
• Thirst for innovation and ''thinking outside the box''.
• Vigor for automating everything repetitive.
• Obsession with software scalability and performance under high loads.
• Love for using and contributing to open-source software.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is skilled in and passionate about Linux, server, network and storage infrastructure as well as automation. Someone who learns fast and can figure things out independently-can show us a better way of managing, monitoring and continuously deploying complex systems to the web.
We run a highly reliable and scalable Linux-based private infrastructure. We are passionate users of open-source software and support its usage among our technology stack . Current application stack includes: Java, PHP and Node.js software talking to MySQL and ElasticSearch, as well as: various document databases and key/value stores.
• Must have 5 to 7 years relevant work experience.
• Experience with Linux system administration in a virtualized environment (preferably with Debian or Ubuntu).
• Experience with a scripting language such as Bash or Python.
• Experience with administering Apache and/or Nginx based web-servers.
• Experience with database administration and troubleshooting using SQL databases such as Mysql and DynamoDB.
• Experience with TCP/IP networking technologies such as Cisco, F5, routing and switching.
• Experience with content delivery networks such as Akamai and CloudFront.
• Experience with core AWS services such as EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, Route53 and ELB.
• Experience with serverless technologies such as Lambda and Fargate.
• Experience with containers and orchestrators such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS and EKS.
• Experience with CI/CD solutions including Codefresh, CircleCI, Terraform, Jenkins and Helm.
• Experience using Datadog for system and application performance monitoring and centralized logging.
• Solid track record of deploying highly scalable, fault-tolerant, secure and resilient infrastructure.
• Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation.
• Cares greatly about automation and has little tolerance for repetitive manual work.
Bonus Points for:
• AWS and GCP certifications.
• We are a Linux and Mac-friendly group, if that's your kind of thing.
• We are diverse, lifelong learners.
• We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
• We are a friendly bunch and expect the same from you, too.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxoom-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.