Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Program Manager for Podcast Subscriptions is responsible for providing project management leadership for a new major initiative for public radio. The position requires extensive cross-divisional coordination and planning and will play a critical role in ensuring creation and growth of a new business for NPR and public radio Member stations.
This role requires a leader with strong analytical, communication, and team-building skills who can function with the trust and respect of colleagues at varying levels of responsibility across the organization. This person must be focused on results, yet comfortable with ambiguity.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will be expected to implement best practices for project execution, and to be able to initiate, plan and execute critical large-scale, cross-functional programs. You should have outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and be able to execute and deliver successfully while working across functional lines including Content, Digital Media, Marketing, Sponsorship, Post Production, Analytics, and Customer Service.
This person should be excited about technology and storytelling.
The role can be based in the Washington, DC-area or remote and reports to the Vice President, New Platform Partnerships.
• Define, scope and track launch and growth plans that can scale within NPR and our Member stations
• Partner with subscriptions lead and managers across divisions to create, monitor and share progress against program goals and KPIs; manage cross-project dependencies; ensure forward momentum with project execution
• Work with leadership and cross-divisional teams to ensure project roadmaps remain in sync with program priorities.
• Ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical personnel to allow clear decision-making across divisions
• Fearlessly provide regular updates to leadership on project execution and plan progress; notifying leadership if the plan may slip in advance and lead efforts to resolve blockers and establish appropriate resolution paths
• Attack problems, find solutions and delivers
• Create a collaborative and inclusive work environment that fosters teamwork, transparency, and learning; mentor teams in best practices for planning and execution
• Coordinate meetings to ensure correct pace of communications and clarity of purpose across divisions
• Ensure all project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of full-time program management experience
• Experience with a successful and profitable enterprise-level and/or large-scale software product launch
• Experience in Agile methodology in an enterprise-level organization
• Demonstrated history of valuing differences amongst team members and customers
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
• Strong practical and theoretical understanding of lifecycle management for large-scale programs and projects
• Experience with metrics-based project tracking and delivery projection
• Understanding of financial projections and ability to review regularly with team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w5xq-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.