The Network Platform product manager is responsible for a consistent, reliable experience for people who work at NPR Member stations and the audiences they reach through NPR technologies. The Network Platform product manager works across NPR teams to enable Member station experiences like single sign-on for station staff, automated and targeted communications, application access, customer support and brand management tools. As part of the NPR Digital Media team, you will lead the research, discovery, prioritization and roadmap process for features and functionality that connect experiences across business and audience functions that leverage and extend our Salesforce platform ecosystem.
• Reports to the Director Product Management - Platform and collaborates with all digital leadership to establish priorities for meeting Member station and business needs.
• Own the overall product plan and roadmap for Studio, a Salesforce Communities digital workspace for NPR's network of Member station staff, and its related platform services.
• Understand multi-level customer and end-user needs. Analyze functional processes that connect NPR staff, Member Station, business partner and audience experiences.
• Iterate with design and insights teams on usability studies, research and market analysis to integrate product requirements into a roadmap that drives outcomes.
• Streamline cross-team workflows and processes, both inside and outside Digital Media. Facilitate inter-divisional and NPR-station collaboration on technical products.
• Participate in architecture discussions, propose and discuss solutions to system and product changes.
• Research, implement and manage 3rd party implementations that extend the value of the platform.
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines.
What We Are Looking For
• User empathy - demonstrated success in creating innovative experiences that help users in different groups meet their goals.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills – extreme comfort with data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis.
• Implementation proficiency – ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
• Excellent communication skills - demonstrated success for building happy, collaborative teams and earning buy-in for innovative and bold product vision.
• Technical aptitude - demonstrated understand of the Salesforce platform and API development, ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, and rigor in trade-off decisions in consultation with technical team members.
• 3+ years experience in product management
• Salesforce Administrator Certification
• Demonstrated experience in a complex, multifunctional Salesforce instance
• Salesforce Certifications: Platform App Builder, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and/or Nonprofit Cloud
• Passion for public media's digital future.
This role may be hired as a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager based on relevant experience and demonstrated impact.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yvjx-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.