Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
NPR seeks a highly-motivated individual to join NPR's Office of General Counsel (''OGC'') and support NPR attorneys with their legal work, including reviewing, drafting and managing contracts, assisting with litigation matters, supporting collective bargaining efforts, and providing administrative support and other project support and research as needed. We are looking for a candidate with superb oral and written communications skills, a commitment to client service, and someone who can ''own'' the tasks assigned from start to finish. An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, thrive under pressure, and maintain composure while doing so are musts.
• Produce high quality work product, including reviewing, drafting, revising, and finalizing contracts and other legal documents under attorney supervision, and ensuring consistency with prior documents of a similar nature.
• Assist with Board and governance matters, primarily for NPR's affiliate, National Public Media, and assist with preparation of Board meeting materials and minutes;
• Assist with litigation file management and discovery;
• Support NPR's employment and labor attorneys with various efforts, including: participating in collective bargaining sessions, organizing related documentation, and assisting with the administration of collective bargaining agreements; and providing support with the administration of NPR's EthicsPoint case management system, including by working with the vendor, assisting with investigation notes, and other investigatory-related items.;
• Assist NPR's Data Protection Officer and internal clients with data privacy compliance matters, including managing related documents, responding to data privacy requests, and other tasks;
• Assist attorneys within the department with special projects and research tasks as requested; and
• Cultivate, support and promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, and an inclusive and equitable workplace culture.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
WORK LOCATION: This is a hybrid permitted role. The employee will be required to be onsite at our Washington, DC office at least 10 days a year. The employee must also reside in an NPR supported location based on the number of onsite days they choose.
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple case files and organizing on-going files
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a proven track record of forging relationships among stakeholders
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Resourcefulness and an ability to work independently as part of a busy legal department in a complex, fast-paced organization
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, learn quickly and work well under time pressures
• Experience supporting contracts and litigation
• Experience using a database for document management and/or rights management
• Interest in media, broadcasting and/or public radio
• Experience with scheduling meetings among multiple parties
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb575k-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.