Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR's Marketing team is responsible for building brands and growing audience for NPR's podcasts, programs, and platforms. The team seeks to grow the reach and impact of everything NPR puts out in the world - from our up-to-the-minute digital and broadcast content to our on-demand podcasts, events, and smart speaker content.
The Marketing Traffic Coordinator will be a core contributor to this work. They will collaborate closely with the Marketing Promotions Manager to ensure the accurate trafficking, implementation, and delivery of NPR's marketing campaigns. They will support asset production, delivery, optimization, and success tracking across:
• NPR's paid marketing campaigns on Spotify, Stitcher, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and beyond
• NPR's owned promotions, across our podcasts, website, newsletter, apps, and YouTube channels
• Barter exchanges and partnerships with other media companies and our distribution partners
This role will report to NPR's Marketing and Promotions Manager. They will work effectively with multiple departments across NPR and with our external partners to ensure campaign success.
• Support the Promotions Manager and Marketing Director in the strategy and tracking of all of NPR's promotional inventory, owned, paid, and partner, maintaining detailed spreadsheets and proposing ideas for how to best use our valuable promotional space.
• Traffic audio deliverables for cross-promotions across the NPR Podcast portfolio, coordinating with podcast producers on asset creation and supporting the Promotions Manager in creation of the weekly schedule.
• Implement online house campaigns using Adswizz, Google Ad Manager 360 and other ad trafficking tools in a timely and accurate manner.
• Traffic all assets to NPR's agency for our paid marketing campaigns, reviewing performance closely and recommending optimizations to ensure success.
• Schedule and build promotional 'Best of NPR' newsletters; and end slates, video cards, and pinned comments in NPR's Tiny Desk videos on YouTube.
• Support outreach and communications with podcast platform partners (Apple, Spotify, etc).
• Coordinate internally to execute barter opportunities for NPR's portfolio of podcasts and digital content.
• Collaborate with our business and distribution partners to make use of the promotional inventory earned through contracts and agreements.
• Create deliverables lists for campaigns, rebrands, and new show launches - coordinating asset production with NPR's Creative Team. Deliver those assets to all departments across NPR (Digital Media, Programming, the Newsroom, Internal Communications, PR.)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• 2-4 years of work experience in an ad trafficking role, ideally at a media company
• Must be proficient in MS Excel and comfortable working with math and formulas
• Must have project management experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
• Experience in ad-serving platforms such as Google Ad Manager 360 or Operative.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.