As the Leadership Giving Manager, you are responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding NPR donors with potential for giving amounts ranging from $1,000 - $25,000. This role has a collaborative relationship with multiple teams across NPR Development including Research/Operations, Major Giving, Donor Communications, Events, and Collaborative Philanthropy (Member Stations). In your role, you will increase levels of giving for identified segments with higher giving potential, and create programs to reward, incentivize, and demonstrate the value of Leadership Giving giving. Utilizing best practices, this is a unique opportunity to develop a program from the ground up to streamline the conversion of annual fund donors into higher-level donors through customized touch points, events, and a variety of engagement opportunities.
• Work with the Development team to coordinate communication and solicitation plans, with the goal of increasing Leadership Giving revenue year over year.
• Serve as a personal point of contact for Leadership Giving prospects, providing excellent customer service and responding to inquiries quickly
• Monitor and report on fundraising results; use analysis to influence and collaborate on fundraising campaigns for NPR and Member Stations
• With the research team, build both aggregate and individual knowledge of Leadership Giving donors and prospects
• Work with the Development communications team to identify and create appropriate recognition opportunities for Mid-Level donors
• Create and implement stewardship strategies and donor journeys for mid-level donors that lead to acquisition, retention, and advancement.
• Collaborate with the major giving team to identify prospects that should be moved from the mid-level giving portfolio to a major gift portfolio and create a seamless transition.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to NPR's mission, the broader public radio landscape, and high-quality journalism.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in fundraising, including expertise in relationship management and annual mid-level or leadership giving. .
• Experience with general fundraising best practices.
• Experience working with technology to advance donor processes.
• Ability to effectively engage and strategize with various stakeholders.
• Knowledge, passion, and experience working in public media, non profit, or federated organization.
• Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM databases.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience preferred
• Remote Permitted: This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
• This is a full time, exempt position.
Salary Range: The US based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is $92,000 - $102,000 plus benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPR's benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
NPR Pay Range
$92,000 - $102,000 USD
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2771-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.