Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
NPR is seeking an experienced Systems Team Lead for its IT Infrastructure team who will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, and operations support of all existing and new Windows server Infrastructure
• As a Lead Systems Engineer you will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
• Monitoring and testing of application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with team members to implement those fixes.
• Serving as liaison with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution and act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall systems through following an institutionalized change management process
• Create and maintain metrics to measure response time and availability for systems
• Respond to critical system issues on a 24x7x365 basis
• Keep management up to date about any issues and escalating in a timely manner
• Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users and IT colleagues detailing security, backups, and redundancy strategies.
• Work closely with the Security Engineers to ensure our systems are secure and in compliance with all policies
• Analyze and document business and IT process workflow, and make recommendations where improvements can be made
• Pursue expansion of knowledge of and skills in current and emerging information technology
• At least 7 years of experience designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering systems in an enterprise data center environment
• Should be able to lead ongoing activities to leverage the capabilities of the Office 365 applications and services while increasing adoption and awareness across the company.
• Proven experience with supporting production systems in Azure and Office 365 specifically with email migration from on-premise Exchange to Office 365
• Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to, Windows Server (2012 or newer), Active Directory, Exchange 2016, IIS, SQL Server, MS Cluster
• Experience with SCCM, SCOM, Cloud Monitoring
• Proficiency in Windows networking services such as DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
• Experience with enterprise level backup/recovery tools, preferably Commvault
• Experience with Enterprise Storage Systems (Preferably Dell EMC and IBM V5000)
• Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef).
• Experience with scripting (e.g., PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python).
• Experience handling any MFA solutions like Okta or Microsoft MFA
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
• Prior experience as a Team Lead or Supervisor
• Knowledge of other Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts
• Project Management skills
• S. Degree
• Any relevant industry certifications
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke110-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.