Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable full-stack developer. A person passionate about polyglot programming, web technologies, database development, RESTful APIs; often things that have not reached mainstream, yet. We are looking for a person who both learns fast, but can also figure things out independently and show us better ways for building complex, highly scalable applications for the web.
We create the tools used by our newsroom to produce our award-winning content. We're always looking for new technologies and new people to help us further empower our journalists.
What we are looking for:
• Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail
• Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code.
• Passion for standards-based web development and polyglot programming.
• Obsession with software scalability and performance.
• Love for using and contributing to open-source software.
• Honesty, friendly attitude and good sense of humor.
• Fluency in HTML5/CSS3, including media queries and Responsive Web Design techniques.
• Extensive experience working with content-management or media asset management systems
• Experience with document databases
• Fluency with Object Oriented Programming concepts
• Experience with the Storybook tool
• .NET Experience, specifically with C#
• UX Design experience
• Familiarity with the ins and outs of media formats, especially audio.
• Significant contributions to open-source projects.
• Addiction to writing code in Test-Driven Development style.
• Understanding of newsgathering and editorial practices.
• Flexible hours and work from home opportunities exist. We are far more interested in getting things done than punching clocks.
• We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously from NPR's giveaway book shelf, regularly walk down the hall to Tiny Desk Concerts, and tell coding jokes.
• We are a friendly bunch and expect the same from you, too
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r110wy-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.