Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable Production Engineer with some scripting experience: someone skilled in and passionate about media management, server, network and storage infrastructure as well as automation. We are looking for a person who learns fast and can figure things out independently-can show us a better way of managing, monitoring and continuously deploying complex systems to the cloud.
• Install, configure, maintain, monitor and manage production equipment and systems used by the production team. To include: server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, etc.
• Design, build, and maintain workflows to:
• Encode audio and video into multiple file formats for digital distribution using enterprise level encoding software
• Deliver encoded audio and video content to NPR digital archive servers and 3rd party content delivery network(s)
• Develop processes and procedures used in the streaming and recording of audio and video on npr.org, member station sites and 3rd party content partners for live breaking news coverage, concerts and other events
• Monitor and maintain NPR digital audio and video archives and transference of the files
• Troubleshoot issues related to digital media encoding, streaming and media file distribution systems
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments through following an institutionalized change management process
• Respond to critical system issues on a 24x7x365 basis
• Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users
• Serve as a liaison between internal teams, member stations, and vendors that offer collaborative production technologies
• Pursue expansion of knowledge and skills in current and emerging production technologies
• Experience with commonly used scripting languages (Python and Shell)
• Experience with file-based workflows and supporting technologies such as MAM, transcoding software, audio/video codecs, wrappers and related specifications
• Extensive experience administering a Linux environment
• Experience with container-based applications such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Sufficient database management experience
• Knowledge of clustered file system technologies such as Isilon, Gluster, etc
• Experience with TCP/IP networking technologies (routing, switching, Cisco, etc)
• Experience with content delivery networks such as Akamai and Level3
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS
• Experience in deploying and scaling redundant infrastructure
• Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation
• Passionate about automation and has little tolerance for repetitive manual work
• Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
• Experience working with various media transcoding, live streaming and file management tools such as FFMPEG, AWS Elemental, Signiant Managers/Agents, etc.
• Advanced scripting/programming skills
• Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts
• Project Management skills
• Audio Engineering experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y536-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.