Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Communications Associate – Member Partnership role supports a range of activities in NPR's Member Partnership department. The role has a particular focus on NPR's messaging, positioning and outreach to our network of Member stations. Duties include writing, editing, and proofreading of communications materials; online community management; maintaining a detailed communications calendar; drafting and preparing presentation decks; and operational/project management support across the Member Partnership functions.
This role is focused on B2B communications and community facilitation. Reporting to the Director of Member Engagement and Impact, this role will support and liaise with various teams to reflect enterprise-wide strategy and positioning. We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves team member who is entrepreneurial, curious, self-motivated, agile, creative, a problem solver and a collaborative team player.
• Create clear, creative and compelling copy for use in a variety of communications channels
• Manage and write flagship weekly newsletter to Member stations
• Work with Director, Membership Engagement and Impact to build a scalable online moderation strategy
• Manage and moderate online communities/forums of Member stations on Salesforce, Facebook, and Slack
• Contribute to internal education to product, programming and marketing teams to develop an understanding of station needs, helping to write the playbook as we grow
• Manage and support communications calendar for the NPR Member Partnership team to ensure consistent messaging and support across station-facing platforms, including our blog, Facebook, Slack, and Twitter
• Post content and develop creative organization and editorial solutions for NPRStations.org
• Assist in project management for specific initiatives, ensuring on-time, on-budget, and on-mission delivery
• Assist in drafting presentation and meeting materials for team members and leadership
• Assist in producing and executing station-facing webinars and industry conference/event presentations
• Provide daily copyediting and proofreading support for the Member Partnership team
• Support Member Partnership projects and activities as needed
• Represents NPR, with the assistance of outside counsel as needed, in administrative procedures and legal actions, including mediations, arbitrations, labor audits and complaints, EEOC and other fair employment practices agency charges, and lawsuits.
• Cultivates and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in either marketing, communications or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
• At least 1-3 years of experience working in communications, community engagement, partnerships, or a related field.
• Strong creative and corporate writing skills.
• Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
• Experience managing online communities.
• Proven experience managing multiple projects of varying levels of complexity and difficulty across organizational units under deadline.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and create structures/processes to deliver compelling results.
• Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in public. Comfort with public speaking and presenting to teams.
• Must be able to work independently, juggle priorities, and set personal objectives to meet team goals.
• The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work well with a variety of people at all levels across organizational departments and divisions.
• Strong understanding of (and/or enthusiasm for) NPR's programming and mission.
• Exceptional attention-to-detail in all matters related to the position.
• Ability to work with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite, Salesforce, email marketing platforms, content management systems, and databases.
• Ability to work effectively in a busy environment with diverse personalities and needs, and pressing deadlines.
• A positive attitude and a go-getter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3p8o-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.