Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
Content Operations manages the production systems, resources and workflows used by content creators. We oversee, help design and control the tools, processes, and services used to support content production and operations across multiple platforms.
As part of Content Operations, the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is responsible for receiving and managing incoming NPR/NPM stakeholder business requests through the work assessment process to determine priority, needed resources, timing to complete the project, and alignment to strategic goals. This involves proactive relationship building, coordination, communication and real-time updates to senior executives on the status of the proposal review. The BRM also partners with peers in product, technology, operations and design to ensure that team roadmaps are up-to-date and new projects can be evaluated against backlogs in the allotted time frame to respond to stakeholders. The BRM reports directly to the VP of Content Operations.
• Oversees the new project/business initiative request assessment process.
• Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with clients to understand their business, risks, and opportunities.
• Leverages an understanding of the business and technology to intake projects while partnering with Product, Technology, Operations, IT and Enterprise strategy to scope and gather/provide feedback to drive collaborative and transparent evaluation processes.
• Works toward achieving a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level stakeholders and decision makers.
• Identifies tracks and communicates ongoing updates, issues and risks to senior executives and leadership
• Technical aptitude and understanding of case management tools & reporting
• Communicates (both verbally and in writing) the overall status and aspects of a stakeholder (partner, leader, executive) request.
• Suggests creative or unique solutions to solve problems.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in journalism, communications/media/media production, or product development
• Proven experience working across organizational boundaries and driving resolution across many teams
• A real passion for servicing clients
• Critical thinking and orchestration of complex support planning
• Strong social, cross group collaboration, program management, time management and negotiation skills
• Ability to handle, track and communicate a multitude of details for multiple stakeholders and relay status promptly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills with the ability to prepare executive summaries using Microsoft's PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications or Google Suite
• The ability to work well in any situation pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Experience working in and/or knowledge of public media and a passion for public media's digital future.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Four years or more of project or product management experience, with at least two years of business relationship experience
• Budget management knowledge
• Familiarity with journalistic practices.
• Experience working in and/or knowledge of public radio and the public radio system.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qxym-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.