Noggin is a leading learning service for families with preschoolers. We deliver streaming and interactive learning content that helps young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. A direct-to-consumer offering available on 10+ platforms, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
Scope of Job: Noggin is looking for a skilled and experienced leader who can lead all aspects of quality assurance across mobile, web, interactive content, and connected TV teams to deliver excellent learning experiences for young kids. You will help strengthen a team of QA engineers to deliver complex premier applications with a rich set of features including streaming video, educational games, and parent engagement.
** You must have expertise in these areas to be considered for the role- Android, iOS, API testing, automation for mobile, people management experience of at least 2 years, CI/CD
• Accountable for high-quality releases across all of Noggin's workstreams: web, mobile, connected TV, API, and interactive learning (games).
• Hire, grow, and lead a wonderful team of quality assurance engineers and analysts; mentor and coach employees to develop top talent.
• Define and implement quality assurance standards and best practices including test plans, regression strategies, release management, etc.
• Partner with other teams to deliver end-to-end solutions (creative, product, engineering, program management, other Paramount teams). In particular, regular coordination with Noggin Product and Engineering teams will be key.
• Support manual and automation QA, load and performance testing, and certification testing through identifying and hiring magnificent talent, using Paramount resources, and applying external partnerships.
• Identify and implement quality metrics and reporting standards.
• Ensure that quality engineers are involved throughout the SDLC from requirements through deployment and support; QE should be invested in Noggin's success.
• Establish individual learning and career growth plans for each quality engineering team member.
• Continually learn and explore emerging quality technologies and processes with an eye to how they could benefit Noggin's future product vision.
• Partner with other quality assurance teams inside Paramount to assess and leverage tools and processes where it makes sense for Noggin; push the boundaries to ensure we're using the best.
• Adopt company standard CI/CD tools and methodologies (Jenkins, GitHub, AppCenter, Test Flight, etc.), and introduce new ones where appropriate.
• Adhere and advocate for documented company and industry standards such as ADA, COPPA, GDPR, FERPA, and Information Security
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered.
• 5+ years of experience in mobile and/or web QA
• 5+ years of experience running a high-performing quality assurance team
• Excellent skills in QA Automation, Manual QA, Load and Performance Testing
• Experience with release management and CI/CD infrastructure pipelines
• Effective collaborator and communicator with an ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wy3e-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.