2D Designer/Illustrator (Play Noggin - Preschool)
Overview and Responsibilities
Job Type: Project Based Employment
Nickelodeon's Nick Jr., the #1 preschool brand, seeks an Animator for Nickelodeon Digital, Preschool Division. The Designer will report to the Director of Animation, and be responsible for helping to develop new styles, as well as replicate existing ones.
• Designer work from concept through final delivery.
• Helping to establish new styles for emerging content.
• Building new assets for existing styles and properties.
• Designing a wide array of concepts including characters/environments/logo's.
• Working alongside UI expert to ensure visual clarity.
• Working quickly.
• Partner with Creative Producers to maintain creative excellence and feasibility that uphold and enhance the brand.
• Be extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough, able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish.
• Experience designing for kid's entertainment.
• Able to generate work that appeals to a wide range of children.
• Working in Photoshop/Illustrator/similar software's.
• Excellent understanding of color theory and form.
• Team player capable of working with a large scale team.
• Working from concept to final delivery of assets.
• Game experience a plus.
• Motion Graphics a plus.
• Experience in Pre-K entertainment a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and a professional collaborative attitude
• Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
• Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
• Must have enthusiasm for innovation and change, and interest in keeping abreast of new developments
• Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation