Vice Media Group
New York, NY
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
This position reports to Design Director of the Brand and Events, Nickelodeon.
• Function as design leader on brand and events projects that utilize strategy-driven campaign goals
• Maintain a consistent interpretation of the Brand for all off-channel use
• Safeguard the Nickelodeon brand and support the creative visions of the company that drive Brand Love
• Explore and initiate new and exciting ways to communicate the Brand sensibilities. Be on the forefront of design that pushes boundaries and makes Nickelodeon the premiere destination for compelling design
• Research and source new design elements to improve the Brand (including fonts, color palettes, patterns, and other graphic materials etc)
• Work with the Nickelodeon LOB's in crafting and execute creative materials to fulfill their business needs
• Oversee various projects simultaneously and give art direction to designers from kickoff to execution
• Lead brainstorming sessions with creative teams
• Ensure high quality design in all deliverables are met to Brand standards and in a timely manner
• Source new talent and resources to support the brand and its growth including designers, character artists, production support and outside vendors
• Assist in overseeing the internal Presentation Team
• MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION:
Meet with Project Managers and Strategy leads to discuss new projects
• INCLUDING GOALS, BUDGETS AND DELIVERY DATE:
• Optimally communicate ideas and feedback to a team of designers
• Delegate work among designers
• Communicate with outside vendors on projects when needed
• Expand the Brand's dedication to Diversity and Inclusion efforts
• 8+ years design experience
• Experience Art Directing and leading designers
• Knowledge in major design applications (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Significant experience with print production
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Values team engagement and will positively contribute to and built work culture
• Is passionate about design and typography!
• Has a keen eye for details
• Is flexible and adaptable to the changing landscape of our work
• Is bold enough to think creatively and confident enough to present new ideas
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8zn6-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.