Overview & Responsibilities:
Nickelodeon's West Coast Communications department is seeking a Publicist of Animation Publicity and Awards Communications with excellent written and critical communication skills with an emphasis on animation and awards. The Publicist will play an integral role in elevating Nickelodeon series & movies for Awards consideration throughout the year, overseeing live-action and animation submissions for Children & Family Emmy Awards, Annie Awards, Guild Awards, Critics Choice Awards, and others. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless communication and asset delivery while helping to position Nickelodeon as a front-runner in the awards space.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build and implement strong publicity campaigns for Nickelodeon animation series and TV movies.
• Develop and write press materials including press releases, internal and external executive announcements, and key messages for executives and talent.
• Pitch and secure coverage in all areas of media including TV teen/tween, animation, music, digital, sports, blogs.
• Coordinate and manage satellite media tours, sets visits and press junkets while working closely with on set production, executive producers and show creators.
• Handle talent-related issues with respect to press.
• Work in partnership with all internal lines of business including Paramount+, current and development series, marketing, social, talent, production, legal, photography, for press-related projects.
• Experience working with PR firms, show creators, talent agents and managers.
• Serve as key liaison between internal teams & external agency in the management of awards submissions, nominations, & logistics.
• Work with live-action, animation, unscripted, and digital teams on crafting submission strategies.
• Implement awards-focused efforts into publicity campaigns to enhance nominations, wins, and brand recognition.
• 5+ years of experience in entertainment communications.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Very strong writing and pitching skills (writing test and samples required).
• Solid relationships with reporters across all areas of the media.
• Strong knowledge of the Animation PR field with experience in press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
• Excellent organizational skills - the ability to balance multiple priorities, deliver under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and manage a high volume of materials.
• Knowledgeable about and interested in the entertainment awards landscape and schedule.
• Independent and critical thinker, able to take initiative, solve problems, and follow through on projects.
• Experience in talent media training and executive prep.
• Experience in crisis communications.
• Affinity for details and a strong work ethic
• Flexible, willing, and available to travel, and work evenings and weekends.
• Great energy and enthusiasm: a strong communicator, relationship builder, and contributor to a positive workplace culture.
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
Hiring Salary Range: $65,000.00 - 75,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe349-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.