Marketing Strategy Manager
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a hardworking, pro-active and inquisitive Manager to join the newly formed Brand Marketing and Strategy team at Nickelodeon. This group plays a meaningful role in defining Nickelodeon brand mission and values as well as Marketing efforts across series, brand, platforms, emerging media, etc. This manager role is focused primarily on nurturing Nickelodeon's brand health and its growth everywhere.
Ideal candidate is passionate about brand marketing and can clearly articulate how great brands break through and resonate with consumers. Candidates should have experience crafting brand definition and architecture, and defining and executing brand building campaigns.
At Nickelodeon, we are kids' first. We seek to always stay true to kids in everything we do- reflecting their world, values, hopes, humor and loves. At the end of the day, we look to leave the world a more playful place than we found it. Just like kids do. As part of our ''kids' first'' mentality, we aim to reflect the diversity of kids' lives and ensure that, regardless of background, they feel seen, represented and welcome as part of the Nickelodeon family.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, develop marketing campaigns for some of the most iconic kid brands, and research, explore and discuss the most exciting trends in culture, kids and media.
This role reports to the Director, Brand Marketing & Strategy.
• Serve as strategic leader with vision and internal partner in the marketing of Nickelodeon's brand and its brand-driven programming
• Drive marketing efforts around Brand-led programming including tentpole events (e.g. KCA, Time Kid of the Year, etc.)
• Offer consistent analysis, marketing implications, and meaningful recommendations through insights gained via research, data, trends, agency partnerships, previous campaigns, etc.
• Collaborate in the development of strategic positioning documents and campaigns
• Partner with Multicultural, Creative and Media teams & agencies to flesh out campaign tactics
• Play an integral role in execution of Nickelodeon's brand communications
• Provide insights informing any on- and off-channel brand redesigns, seasonal updates, affinity month support, etc.
• Campaign execution & optimization
• Review creative to ensure all elements of a campaign remain on strategy.
• Ensure real time communication flow
• Coordinate and project manage show-specific promotional activities, including but not limited to: event activations, influencer partnerships, co-branded content productions and more
• Establish recaps and plans for optimization for Nickelodeon campaigns
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years experience in consumer strategy, digital, marketing or media
• Proven expertise in marketing and first-hand knowledge of media and working with marketing agencies
• Able to understand, prioritize and articulate campaign strategies
• Proactive, strategic problem solver with the ability to provide creative solutions
• Ability to interpret analytics and apply research to make informed recommendations
• Deep understanding of the entertainment industry as well as social and digital marketing landscape
• Possess a multicultural approach that both embraces and celebrates different perspectives, backgrounds, and ability and maintains a passion for inclusion
• Passion for kids & family entertainment
• Experience working within and collaborating with cross-functional teams at all levels, as well as third party agencies and partners
• Strong desire to work for a global brand and help drive brand affinity for Nickelodeon
• Working knowledge of Microsoft-based software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Previous experience marketing to children and parents a plus
• Emerging platform strategy and/or marketing experience
• Proven self starter with a great attitude
• Able to work within a very time-sensitive, fast paced environment
• Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does.