Research Analyst / Sr. Research Analyst
New York, NY
About The Brand
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Overview and Responsibilities
Nickelodeon is seeking a Director of Marketing Analytics to lead all marketing impact analysis and extract insights from its on and off-channel marketing campaigns. This covers all media channels including Digital, TV, Social and CRM efforts! The ideal candidate excels at turning data into stories and meaningful recommendations and has experience analyzing cross-platform media campaigns.
Nickelodeon has an active, hardworking fanbase that goes beyond its linear channel to include multiple social and digital platforms- from Moms of preschoolers to fans of SpongeBob and more. This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with beloved IP, collaborate with strategic groups within Nickelodeon, and unearth invaluable insights that drive business results. The Director, Marketing Analytics dual reports into the Consumer Marketing and Research teams at Nickelodeon.
• Develop analyses that bring together the impact of off-channel marketing on content consumption and brand affinity
• Establish KPIs for paid marketing plans that span traditional, digital, and social media platforms
• Build a dashboard and benchmarking system that can be used across the organization to monitor effectiveness of marketing efforts.
• Execute weekly and monthly reports that evaluate campaign performance and identify marketing and creative optimization opportunities
• Offer and present quarterly views at how campaign work effects micro and macro trends and KPI's.
• Implement test and learn measurement methodologies
• Perform ad hoc research projects and react to emerging business questions as needed
• Bachelor's Degree or higher
• 7+ years of experience conducting marketing research and analytics for a large brand or agency
• Experience with analytics for cross-platform paid media campaigns including social, YouTube, digital, and TV campaigns
• Deep understanding on Nielsen's methodology and experience with nPower and Lake 5
• Hands-on experience using social media analytics tools
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel, and other statistical software
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Collaborative team member with a natural sense of curiosity
• Experience in the kids space
• Experience with email campaign metrics and acquisition marketing
• Programming skills in R or Java are a plus