Pipeline Technical Director
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
Nick Animation is looking for Character Technical Director. We are creating first rate animation for all ages from pre-school through big kids with exciting opportunities across our many platforms including shorts, current series and movies.
• Work with each Lead Character Technical Director to create rigs for characters, sets, and props.
• Character Set-up/Rigging/Weighting/Skinning.
• Implementation of new tools and techniques using Mel scripting.
• Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
• In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
• Phenomenal aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
• The ideal candidate should be a generalist, able to jump from problems to solutions in short order.
• A great ''can do'' attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
• We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22vk6-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.