Overview and Responsibilities
Oversee in-house and freelance storyboard artists to ensure the quality and the style of the show is maintained.
• Regularly meet with Storyboard Artists and Storyboard Revisionists to thoroughly review and revise storyboards.
• Ensure desired quality and style of show is met.
• Oversee implementation of Executive Producer and Standards' notes into storyboards.
• Communicate with Executive producer and line producer as to the status of work progress and any problems that may arise.
• Answer questions from Storyboard Artists and Revisionists during storyboarding and revision process.
• Answer questions from Animation Directors regarding storyboards.
• Answer questions from production Staff regarding organization of designs from storyboards.
• When time allows, sit in on script meetings to offer feedback from a storyboarding perspective.
• Must be able to work digitally with a Cintiq.
• Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
• BA/BS in Fine Arts or equivalent experience strongly desired.
• 3 – 5 years as storyboard and or director preferred.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life.