Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Senior Manager level, commensurate with current experience. This role will be responsible for providing Media, Creative, and Research strategic direction and conducting vendor contract negotiations. This role will support the Marketing & Research Sourcing Tower. This position will require interaction with marketing, research, and ad sales departments across ViacomCBS and will work with various agency and vendor partners. It will serve as a primary point-of-contact for business owners, delivering high impact and ROI focused marketing and research sourcing strategies and negotiations.
This role will require strong understanding of negotiation strategy and deal structure, as well as project management skills. The ideal candidate should operate well working alone and as part of a team and be able to take a project through from opportunity analysis (inclusive of recommended approach and formation of a baseline) through to contract signature.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Deliver ongoing annual reduction and cost efficiencies on sourceable spend within the category
• Show continuous YOY improvement on % of category sourceable spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
• Partner with stakeholders across business units, finance, and legal to develop and implement Category Strategy to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for innovation, quality and time
• Be a credible, sought-after value-added partner to business leaders – deliver sourcing savings to help them to meet their objectives faster and at lower cost
• Proactively integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become ''last minute requests''
• Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
• Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
• Provide expertise in the respective category and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers' product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs.
• Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the businesses and functions. This includes capturing opportunities from consolidation of spend in acquisitions
• Efficiently and effectively process sourcing requests from the business – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
• Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Leverage data analytics to improve category strategy development and execution
• 5-8 years of sourcing experience or category experience in marketing or research (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, supplier negotiations, sourcing strategy development, category management.)
• Ability to develop intermediate level excel models
• Bachelors in Finance/Accounting/Business.
• Media/entertainment industry experience working for a similar organization and/or studio a plus
• MBA and/or formal Purchasing certification a plus
• A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and motivate change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
• Demonstrated skills in negotiation and supplier management – can lead complex negotiations to successful outcome
• Experience in contract development, administration, and/or management
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in negotiating deals with global vendors
• Familiarity with legal terms
• Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling including development of business cases
• Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
• Awareness of best practices regarding sourcing levers (e.g., procurement levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements) and vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
• Ability to talk to your coworkers about your favorite VBCS shows and films
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnvz4-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.