PRODUCTION MANAGER (2D Series)
Manages the daily activities of the 2D Series production.
• Communicate with the Line Producer daily regarding the status of the department.
• Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
• Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
• Alert LP of potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Update key production personnel on the status of all areas of production.
• Maintain and distribute weekly production schedule with accurate information to upper management and production staff.
• Run weekly department meetings.
• Supervise Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistants; assist Line Producer in hiring, performance reviews and terminations for these positions.
• Oversee preparation production materials for shipping.
• Manage schedule to ensure production meets strict deadlines. Some of these duties include:
• Troubleshoot problem.
• Coordinate and supervise vendor studios.
• Coordinate and supervise freelance production staff.
• Assist in the scheduling of key production personnel.
• Schedule production meetings as necessary.
• Assist with ancillary projects; assist LP with special projects.
• Act as primary liaison with vendor studio(s).
• Facilitate communication in a timely manner between production unit and outside studio regarding production issues, questions and materials.
• Assist Post Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure that lists and notes are communicated in a timely manner; monitor retake budget.
• Draft and coordinate all new hire paperwork for freelancers.
• Update Human Resources monthly on all freelance activity.
• Review and approve weekly timesheets.
• Gather and submit new hire information to Human Resources.
• Coordinate Facilities and IS&T requests.
• Coordinate materials for festivals, awards, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess complete knowledge of Animation production process.
• Knowledge of Maya, Word, Excel, Outlook, Familiarity with internet and email.
• BA/BS preferred, or 2 – 3 years of animation production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of EP Budgeting, Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1165v-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.