The Production Accountant (Features and Movies) will assist the Manager, Production Accounting to manage the overall financial responsibilities for a number of Feature and SVOD productions. This position will work closely with Production Management, Line Producers, Production Managers, and Finance to manage the budget, forecast and performance tracking activities of the animated productions, to ensure complete, accurate and timely cost reporting.
• Day-to-day management of production finances and relationships related to the assigned animated Features and SVOD productions spend, including rolling forecast updates, scenario planning, journal entry processing, expense research, account reconciliations, crew payroll, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
• Conduct ongoing meetings with production teams to analyze the budget versus actual spend, and to identify areas for reallocating funds to remain on plan, and report on any risks and opportunities to management.
• Coordinate the release of timely cost reports, production variance schedules, dashboards, production cash flows, and production post-mortems.
• Continue to maximize SAP cost reporting abilities for internal and external productions; collaborate with productions on the opportunities to utilize our systems to create efficiencies and maintain financial controls.
• Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to Producers.
• Assist with the processing of POs and vendor set-ups.
• Support Manager, Production Accounting in a variety of cross-functional, studio-wide strategic projects.
• Contribute to the design and build of analytical reports and tracking tools used for reporting and analysis.
• Collaborate with Manager, Production Accounting to reconcile and true-up productions Estimated Final Costs (EFC) and Long-Range Plans (LRPs).
• Analyze, track, and research variances regarding actuals vs. budgets/estimates, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into financial systems and information managed to relevant client groups.
• Partner with Manager, Production Accounting to update cash flow pacing and update financial systems, providing cause of change versus prior forecasts.
• Assist with requests regarding continuous improvement initiatives, production/studio matters, cash flow analysis, journal entries, and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
• 4 years of production accounting experience preferably within the animation production landscape.
• Excellent teamwork, critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills.
• Highly proficient in Excel.
• Strong working knowledge of production process and accounting for Animation properties.
• Ability to forge partnerships with producers, production managers and studio executives.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with SAP a plus.
• Familiar with Local 839 IATSE Agreement related to animation guild contracts.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5238z-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.