3D FX Artist
Overview and Responsibilities
• Texture Painting and Shader Development.
• Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
• The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
• Ability to texture in several specified styles per CG show.
• Texture paint 3D characters, props, and sets within Maya, Photoshop, and BodyPaint.
• Set up Maya shaders/shader networks and use them to achieve desired looks.
• Review UV's for texturing when needed.
• Must have a portfolio and demo reel that demonstrates texture painting skills.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in the television, gaming, or feature film industries.
• Excellent artistic, painting, and texturing skills.
• Ability to create high quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (bump, specular, transparency, etc).
• In-depth understanding of color theory and application.
• Experienced level skills in Maya.
• Understanding of the Maya Shading networks and capabilities.
• Understanding of UV layout and principles.
• Understanding of the CG Pipeline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge if Redshift preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
• Must be flexible enough to deal with changing role requirements.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and self-driven.
• UV unwrapping skills a plus, but are not required.
• Mudbox skills a plus, but are not required.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re81j7-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.