Staff Software Engineer - User Interfaces
Walt Disney Animation Studios
We get to work with all animation productions and most departments at the studio to help with customizing pipelines, databases, and tools. This is a great opportunity if you enjoy challenges, variety, and embrace change with enthusiasm.
You will have a direct impact on the production pipelines (tv and feature) and be seen as a hero to the artists and productions that we support.
You will be part of a small but mighty team that values teaching and learning from each other, where your voice is heard, and you will have ownership over tools and pipelines you write and support.
• Learn and understand the variety of technical solutions we currently support.
• Meet with the teams to gather feedback on tools usage, bugs and feature requests.
• Create and Maintain internal and user facing documentation
• Provide additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
• ''Fire-Fighting;'' we support multiple productions and requests and problems come up and need to be addressed on a production schedule. Help check on jobs and error logs to answer questions for productions about why something gave an error, or escalate issues to the rest of the team.
• Help set up accounts for users in different systems
• Help design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing pipelines.
• Research new technologies and design ways to add them to the existing pipeline.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Animation Production or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Experience Developing in Filemaker or Shotgun; writing scripts, creating relationships, configuring layouts, working with indirection, and rest API.
• 1-2 years of programming experience.
• 1-2 years of experience with Animation Pipelines
• Good problem‐solving skills.
• Great attention to detail and quality.
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non‐technical individuals.
• Familiarity with Python and Shotgun
• CG‐related APIs, especially in regard to Maya, Nuke, Mental Ray, Redshift, Arnold, and Photoshop
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67zon-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.