CG Supervisor (Avatar Studios)
• The CG Supervisor partners with the Director, Producer and Production Designer to take the creative vision of the film to realization and to resolve technical feasibility within production timelines and budget
• Serves as the single point of contact for senior production management in coordinating both creative and technical aspects of development, pre-production, and overseas production
• Provide mentorship on aesthetic interpretation to the show supervisors, leads, and artists, as well as coordinate the technical aspects of filmmaking
• Communicate to senior production management and other appropriate production staff regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise
• Supervision of multiple production projects (features and series)
• Lead a consistent creative and technical vision overarching all the projects (features and series)
• Present possible solutions to production problems
• Ensure desired quality and style of show is met within the parameters of the show's network-approved schedule and budget
• Attend and contribute to all relevant production meetings
• Assist with special projects as necessary. This could include but is not limited to main title, title cards, press art, style guide, tool kit, and any network requests.
• Contribute significantly to production design and artistic staffing
• Supervise the art director(s) and design team to make sure that the design scope will fit with the limitations of CG
• Review all scripts and provide feedback regarding how it will affect the design and CG assets
• Lead all aspects of the creation of detailed model packs, including at least character construction, character turnarounds, props, and main backgrounds
• Supervise our internal CG team to devise technical solutions to all problems relating to CG assets
• Review storyboard artists' work to ensure technical quality is met, specifically as it relates to CG feasibility.
• Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, mentorship, and revisions when necessary. This is specifically as it relates to CG feasibility.
• Work with layout artists and director to make sure all animation reference is provided to the overseas studio.
• Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work
• Review all stages of animation (layout, primary, and secondary), providing notes/mentorship to overseas studio in a timely fashion
• Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show
• May require a visit to the overseas studio to review work being done on-premises
• Review initial assembly of picture.
• Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits
• Previous experience as a CG Supervisor at a major studio
• Experience supervising productions with a customized look integrating both traditional 2D and CG elements
• Experience working with outsourced partner studios
• Proven knowledge of all facets of the animation process
• Strong visual and structural storytelling skills
• Strong time and resource management skills
• Proven leadership and communication skills
• On-the-fly problem-solving ability
• Ability to be creative on demand
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
• Ability to balance the work of multiple facets of material across all stages of production
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxozm1-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.