Sr. Director, Product Management
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a seasoned technical leader with experience in delivering large-scale, performant mobile and digital software solutions within the media industry. The Vice President of Product Engineering (the ''VP'') will be a senior member of the team responsible for leading the development and deployment of solutions that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Nexstar Digital, the VP will work closely with other senior stakeholders including Product and Program Management, Revenue, Data and Business Intelligence, Content strategy, Operations, and Business Development to drive customer and business value from the Company's unique market position.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader with a full-stack technical background skilled at solving complex challenges by bringing together people, technology, strategy, and innovative technical design. He/she should have a strong business acumen, solid media industry technology experience, and familiarity with the broadcast industry in addition to possessing excellent team and vender management skills.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable digging into business and financial requirements, helping to build and manage a team, as well as drilling into architecture and design with development teams. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, cross-functional technical leader with focus on content management and syndication, video solutions, system architecture, UX/CX, full lifecycle SDLC, and digital security, data privacy, and strategies.
• This position involves setting multi-year development and program strategies with senior management in addition to cross-org coordination and relationship management.
• Work with leadership to build and manage a team of technical leaders focused on innovation and data driven platform solutions
• Federated engineering team management including full time employees and onshore and offshore vendor management
• Help lead the development team in supporting and innovating across our publisher platform solutions including web, mobile, video and broadcast systems
• Hands on development, code reviews, and architecture design of our current and future digital platforms and products
• As a seasoned executive and technical expert, stay abreast of the latest advances in broadcast systems and technical innovation
• Identify new technical strategies for staying one step ahead of the competition
• Prepare research, communication materials and presentations for the senior leadership team across Nexstar Digital and the Nexstar Media Group team
• 10+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture and design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
• 5+ years of experience taking complex projects and leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects from initial concept through final launch on tight deadlines
• 5+ years experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills
• Capable of having strategic conversations at the executive level and technical discussions across teams to ensure a proper vision and our ability to execute remain in lock step
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• In depth understanding of all stages of customer acquisition, conversion, and lifetime value
• System knowledge and experience
• Content Management Systems including WordPress and other enterprise solutions, e.g. Drupal, CoreMedia, SiteCore, and/or others
• Video platforms including Anvato, Brightcove, JW Player, and/or others
• Data and Data Visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, EMR, Data Bricks, GCP and/or Other Data Platforms
• Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow, Machine Learning
• Cloud and cloud management platforms including AWS, Azure, Google, Mulesoft, TIBCO, and others
• Front-end: Angular 2+, Backbone, Vue.js, Node.js, React, Babel, Less, Bootstrap, etc.
• Back-end: Python, PHP, Laravel, Django, Express.js, REST, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.