Lead Video Engineer
Remote / Virtual
The Video Platform Product Manager for Digital Video will be a key member of the product management team, responsible for platform integration and the digital suite of services that deliver video to all touchpoints across the Nexstar Media Group. This position requires a passion for video product development and an appetite to stay up-to-speed and lead our teams' knowledge and understanding of the digital video landscape. This includes online video platforms and players, advertising, BI, and front-end user experiences across mobile, web, and OTT.
Reporting to the VP of Video Product, the Video Product Manager will work closely with product team leaders to define, set and implement strategic and operational product priorities for Nexstar Digital's Publisher Solutions Group.
As a member of the Product Team, the Product Manager will work closely with external and internal partners including Nexstar's portfolio of local television stations and other non-Nexstar customers using our platforms and services.
• Help define critical strategies and a product roadmap to evolve and grow Nexstar Digital's (NDs) video publishing competency.
• Maintain day to day oversight of the video platform and content management system integration, working with development teams to expand Nexstar's publishing capabilities.
• Support the parent company and its station group's adoption, use and successful operations of digital video platforms.
• Understand digital video performance and analytics (engagement, monetization) and, working with your analytics partners, provide insights to stakeholders on performance optimizations.
• Gather, intake, assess feature requests and prioritize bug reports from all areas of the business including local stations.
• Contribute to and communicate the Product group's video priorities and roadmap to stakeholders.
• Author clear, actionable product requirements in an Agile software development environment. Work effectively with engineering and other teams to ensure deliverables are met.
• Comfort and using a variety of reporting and project management tools to communicate and document across the video product portfolio including Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, and others.
• Manage end-to-end product roll outs including:
• Conducting user acceptance testing including A/B or multivariate testing
• Create detailed product artifacts such as release notes and training documentation
• Coordinate and conduct end-user training
• Intake, triage, and follow-through on stakeholder bug/feature reports via systems like Zendesk
• Have 7+ years of experience as a product manager with proven digital video experience (platforms, players, monetization, formats, etc) including:
• Knowledge of, and experience with, various OVPs and video player solutions (Anvato, Akamai, Brightcove, JW Player, Video.js, etc.). Direct video platform integration experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience working with video ad serving platforms, strategies and techniques.
• Video analytics and performance technologies using technology suites like GA/GA360, Comscore, Conviva, etc.
• Proven experience with live streaming, social and viral video, Facebook Live.
• A plus: Experience with broadcast television technologies and broadcast automation systems. (BitCentral, ENPS, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making.
• Proven experience working directly with design and engineering teams to build and ship video, web, mobile, and OTT products.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.