Senior Mobile Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
The Video Project Manager will be a key member of the project management team, responsible for managing OVP (Online Video Platform) implementation within the Word Press platform. Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office, the PM will work closely with senior stakeholders including Product, Revenue and Operations, Content, Engineering, and Business Development. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader that operates effectively in both independent and team collaboration settings. Should have a strong business acumen, solid OVP technology experience, OTT strategy experience and familiarity with the broadcast industry in addition to possessing excellent project management skills and intimate familiarity with agile Scrum methodologies.
Experience with Online Video Platform project management is a must, preferably for a media company. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and collaborate and manage projects within a large geographically diverse company. Experience with OTT and wearables like smart watches is a plus.
• Work with PMO, Product Management, and Engineering to determine and define project scope, objectives and success criteria for a Project.
• Tracks and provides summary of project status, progress and barriers, project risks and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
• Facilitate daily stand up, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos and project Kick-Off meetings.
• Participates in Scrum of Scrum Meetings to track dependencies with other PMs at Program level.
• Monitor/publish team sprint metrics such as burn down charts and velocity charts. Works with team to calculate level of effort on projects based on team velocity.
• Guides the teams and stakeholders on Process and standards established by PMO.
• Manages and motivates team to be self-organized and achieve target dates.
• Listens well and communicates clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to take a high-level view of involvement across all aspects of the project but without spending significant time on detailed hands-on tasks.
• Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
• Bachelor's degree required / Advanced degree in Computer Science, Technology, Media, or Information Systems preferred.
• Top tier professional with 5-7 years of project management experience in agile development methodologies at scale, specifically Scrum, Lean and/or Kanban.
• Ability to understand complex workflows and platform APIs that require a high technical understanding.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to run efficient and engaging meetings with teams and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of Online Video from ingestion to delivery of content to devices on multiple platforms (web-based video delivery, infrastructure, streaming, transcoding and optimization) is strongly preferred.
• Preferred working understanding of the Media landscape.
• Experience with Jira or a similar agile project management tool.
• Scrum Master Certification, CSM/CSP or SAFE Agilist certification preferred.
• Experience with distributed teams and vendor Management is a must.
• Background in web publishing and development, HTML, PHP, CMSs (Drupal, Wordpress, Moodle etc), a major advantage.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.