Breaking News Multimedia Journalist
Myrtle Beach, SC
Nexstar Broadcasting Group seeks an experienced, driven broadcast professional to serve as Vice President/General Manager of our media properties in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (DMA #99.) The successful candidate will have full oversight of CBS affiliate WBTW-TV, along with MyNet, Ion, and Mystery TV sub-channels, as well as all affiliated digital, mobile, and social media assets associated with WBTW.com.
WBTW serves eight counties in northeastern South Carolina and two counties in North Carolina. A hyphenated market, WBTW is in Myrtle Beach on the North Strand, a continuous beach that runs through the heart of the city. The station also operates a sales and news bureau out of Florence. WBTW is the market news leader and is consistently recognized for its highly-accomplished news product. The station also produces local content in a news share agreement with WFXB, the local FOX affiliate.
Myrtle Beach is the hub of the Grand Strand – a 60-mile string of beaches. Its warm subtropical climate, as well as extensive beaches and celebrity-designed golf courses, make Myrtle Beach one of the major centers of tourism in the US. It's also a great place to live. US News listed it as the #1 Fast-Growing Places in the US, the #1 place to live in South Carolina and the #26 best place to live in the US in its 2020 survey.
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee a dominant television and digital operation in a highly desirable market. We are looking for someone who has the expertise and creativity to take the station's operations and revenue to even greater heights. We want a leader with demonstrated skills that can leverage Nexstar's diversified resources and the multiple assets of the station, and then motivate the WBTW team to reach for higher achievement across all departments. We are looking for a stakeholder, someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to pursue an opportunity to advance their career.
• Minimum of five years of experience as a successful leader for a commercial broadcast station
• Significant depth of sales management experience in leading and driving sales departments to achieve consistent revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including non-traditional revenue, sports and community sponsorships is a must.
• A proven track record in developing a leadership team and promoting collaboration across all station departments.
• The vision and ability to enact short and long-term development of the stations' digital and mobile strategies
• Track record for consistently delivering bottom line results
• Broad range of experience in content development and management with an emphasis on localism.
If you are a leader driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, committed to creative revenue generation and engaged in serving the community, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar's current portfolio and pro forma acquisitions include 197 television stations and over 100 community portal websites located in 40 states, reaching 63% of US television households.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.