Are you interested in the behind the scenes work that goes into broadcasting the programming and commercials you see on local TV? It all happens in the Traffic Department.
FOX21/SOCO CW has an immediate opening for a Traffic Liaison. Our Traffic Liaison is deadline orientated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This position is the station liaison to one of our Traffic Operations Hubs that builds the daily commercial and programming logs for Nexstar's nearly 200 television stations in 116 markets. You will learn inventory control, database library management, broadcast automation skills, how to solve logistical issues, and so much more.
Apply now to join this fun, high-energy team. This is a full-time position with vacation and benefits. We will provide the necessary training for the right individual.
Position Summary: The Traffic Liaison tracks and prepares logs for scheduled programming and advertisements.
• Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works with Sales Management to manage commercial inventory and maximize revenue
• Prepare daily broadcast logs: ensuring proper entry, timing, and placement of all broadcast materials, including programming, commercials, promos and advertising products.
• Assign and manage input of commercial material
• Coordinate with other departments on special projects, commercial/promotion air-time placement, calculating exact run times for programs and commercial breaks
• Act as the station gatekeeper for formatting, traffic and inventory matters to the Traffic Operations Hub and Master Control
• Field sales questions
• Finalize logs for the Traffic Operation Hub to send to Master Control.
• Coordinates with other departments to solve logistical problems in coordination of on-air promotions for station programming.
• Performs clerical functions as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Fluency in English
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet daily and weekly deadlines.
• Experience with the Wide Orbit traffic system preferred
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance.
• Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software quickly
This positions pay ranges from $15-19 per hour. Other benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k match.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejw92-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.