News10 ABC in Albany, New York is looking to hire a full-time Technical Media Operator. A Technical Media Operator has four primary tasks: Newscast Directing, Newscast Audio Operator, Media Center Operator and Master Control Operator.
• Operates studio cameras and field cameras for live and taped events
• Composes and frames shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors, station management, other personnel
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the directors, station management, other personnel
• Operates audio equipment for live and taped events
• Operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product
• Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio
• Builds and decorates the set and/or provides props used for production
• Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment
• Operate studio graphic systems during broadcast/production
• Provide audio production-related support as needed and may work with outside production facilities
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments
• May convert analog recordings, film, or printed materials to digital format
• Maintains and stores equipment, records and tapes.
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in Communication or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
• Experience in television, film, or post production preferred but not required
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent communication and organization skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6vnq-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.