Here at Nexstar Digital Solutions, we build, maintain, and launch hundreds of sites, mobile apps, and sustain a video and OTT platform that millions of people view every day. The Technical Lead - Video will be responsible for providing the technical guidance on our Video team, as well as working with our vendors to ensure we have the correct video architecture in place and that we have that architecture monitored and managed. This position will work within our Video team to ensure our video player has maximum viewability for ads, speed to display, and architecture for easy extensibility. We are currently working through a new video architecture for 120+ TV stations, multiple streaming partners, and OTT applications that this person will be instrumental in providing support, feedback, and architectural assistance of. This role reports to the Software Engineering Manager and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company. We value a diverse and inclusive team and are looking for someone to be a part of it.
Nexstar is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE or LOCAL Technical Leads.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
• Assist in developing and maintaining our video architecture starting from studios/live, encoding/transcoding, SSAI, Metrics, and display to web and OTT
• Manage our code architecture and reviews for our video platform products, such as our Video API, video player, and other video tools
• In general, you will be the main technical person on our Video team that oversees video architecture, video plugins for our sites or apps, and ensures that our Video platform runs as optimally as possible
• 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor or as a software engineer.
• 2+ years working with video players like VideoJS, HTML5 Video, THEOPlayer, etc
• 2+ years working with Server-Side Ad Insertion and/or Client-Side Ad Insertion
• 2+ years working with video source to end paths, such as encoding, transcoding and delivery via CDN
• Strong development and architecture experience with Object Oriented languages
• Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
• Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry
• Hands-on experience in some or all our stack which is VideoJS, Akta, PHP/WordPress, NodeJS, React, React Native
• Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with caching strategies for large scale platforms
• Experience with GIT and other source control systems
• You care about things like software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership among others.
About Nexstar Digital Solutions
Nexstar's digital media products and services focus on providing innovative solutions to audiences, clients and any business looking to gain an edge in the shifting digital landscape. Along with Nexstar's dedication to providing local news, entertainment and sports content through its digital platforms, Nexstar Digital's companies provide digital publishing and content management platforms, a video advertising platform, digital agency services and other digital media solutions to publishers and advertisers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d820xm-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.