New York, NY
The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscasts
• Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operationPerforms other duties as assigned
• Prepare and execute the operation of the Ross automated production control system for live and recorded television broadcasts. Using a ENPS, code rundowns for all Newscasts.
• Creation and utilization of templates to automate production functions including: technical directing, audio mixing, video playback, graphics insertion, robotic operations, live/remote segment cut-ins. Integrate commercial playback.
• Other responsibilities include; Audio (A1), Audio Assist (A2) , Video shading, Robotics, BitCentral ingest / playback, Camera Operation and Ross Xpression graphics playback.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• College graduate or equivalent technical training. Communications, Electronic Technology, or related degree is helpful.
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.