Direct various live and taped broadcasts and productions, including from remote locations. Create all graphics and shot sheets for newscasts or live broadcasts developed by content team.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Physically and verbally direct live broadcasts
• Design various graphic elements for broadcasts
• Adjust to breaking news or changing circumstances
• Direct/TD special programming and/or projects
• Work as a liaison between news department and production department
• Perform other duties such as assistant direct, studio camera operator and audio
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Four year degree in communication.
• Proficient in Ross overdrive, Ross xpression, Bit central and ENPS
• Three years experience directing in a television or production facility
• Knowledge of state of the art equipment and techniques used in producing and directing live and taped broadcasts
• Valid drivers license
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Production personnel that are involved with a broadcast production.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. , emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.