Big Ten Network
Technical Director Engineer, Per Diem
WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Technical Director Engineer to work in a dynamic broadcast environment. The successful candidate will be able to operate a wide variety of equipment in our state-of-the-art Ross Overdrive control rooms. The successful candidate will be responsible for switching fast paced newscasts and recorded programming. The candidate must have strong computer skills and be able to learn new technologies.
The successful candidate will be able to listen to director's commands and react swiftly and accurately. Must be able to prepare and switch video elements during live and pre-recorded programming while ensuring all content meets WGN's quality standards. Must be able to build switcher effects, create Ross templates and shots. The technical director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product. Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
The broadcast will be fast paced and highly produced using Ross Overdrive and Ross XPression. Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
Interested candidate must be a team player.
• Five years total experience in professional live television broadcast operations required.
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including but not limited to switchers, routing, CGs, video playback, remote camera operation. May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
• Other engineering experience a plus in areas of audio, robotic camera, transmission or Steadicam. Experience with Ross Overdrive required.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
The WGN-TV facility originates WGN-TV/Channel 9 as well as two national. This position is a PER DIEM position which will require membership in IBEW.
WGN-TV is located seven miles northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.