Primary responsibilities include sales & use tax, property tax, and unclaimed property compliance. Duties include tax return preparation, journal entry preparation, tax research, audit support, payment processing, and reconciliation of select tax general ledger accounts. Additional duties include assisting with other tax filings and supporting other members of the Tax Department as needed.
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual sales and use tax returns.
• Assist with monthly property tax accruals, retrieval & review of property tax bills, and processing of property tax payments.
• Assist with review of property tax renditions prepared by external firm.
• Assist with unclaimed property reporting and analysis.
• Reconciliation of select general ledger accounts including sales and use tax, property tax, and unclaimed property liabilities.
• Review of use tax accruals for CIP.
• Assist with maintenance of internal tax calendar to ensure timely filing of returns and timely payment of all tax liabilities.
• Assist with tax audits.
• Assist with organization & maintenance of all tax records.
• Assist with tax notices.
• Assist with tax research.
• Assist with other tax related filings: franchise taxes, gross receipts taxes, business licenses, etc.
• Provide support as needed to other members of the Tax Department.
• Provide support for other special tax/financial projects as assigned.
• BS in Accounting, Finance or Business
• One plus years with a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department or equivalent experience.
• Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to thrive in a team environment as well as work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Detail oriented with ability to meet internal & external deadlines.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• AX general ledger experience a plus
• CPA certification a plus
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.