Master Control Operator
Salt Lake City, UT
P/T Talk Show Host
The PT Lifestyle Reporter/Talk Show Host is responsible for reporting for and hosting a program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Executive Producer, Show Producers with writing show segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location
• Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Executive Producer
• Attending daily show meeting
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the Executive Producer, Show Producers
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Video introduction is required
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
• Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.