• The Supervising Engineer is responsible for the supervising of operators as well as scheduling and timecard approval. This position will also work with other departments and will need to fill in on an operator position when needed.
• Supervise production operators
• Schedule operators and approve timecards
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Operate TD, Audio, and Graphics positions
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Report to Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two solid years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rev931-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.