The Studio Technician
operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
Nexstar Media Inc.'s station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area's Local News Station,
seeks a Full-Time STUDIO TECHNICIAN
• Operation of broadcast duties including; teleprompting, audio, robotic cameras, studio managing, transmission room or other duties as assigned to execute KRON 4 productions.
• Applicant must have demonstratable skills in pre-production, automation, and live execution of broadcast news.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely with the rest of the team.
• Coordinates with all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Have working knowledge of ENPS, MOS commands, Chyron, video servers, Crispin, routers, and general broadcast equipment.
• Work as a liaison daily, between news, engineering and production departments.
• Tests equipment daily to ensure proper operation.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
• Three plus (3+) years' experience in professional live television broadcast operations preferred.
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment.
• Must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news, be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multi-task.
• Availability to work all day parts as well as weekends and holidays.
• An understanding that overtime hours may occur as situations arise.
• Physical requirements: Standing and/or sitting for several hours at a time.
• Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required.
This position is a full-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d50w17-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.