The Studio Technician
operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
• Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio or while out on location
• Collaborate with the set designers to determine the needs of the production
• Build and decorate set and/or provide props used for production
• Assist in the installation, operation and maintenance of sound recording equipment
• Provide camera, and audio/lighting production support as needed, and may work with outside production facilities
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments
• Maintains and stores equipment and studio maintenance
Requirements & Skills:
• High School Diploma Required
• Experience in television, film or post production preferred
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Basic computer knowledge including Photoshop
• Ability to handle high stress environment with deadline pressures
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqy2w9-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.