Staff Accountant- Fixed Assets
The Staff Accountant supports the Dallas Shared Service Accounting Department in various tasks related to the monthly accounting close process, including analyzing the financial performance of different TV stations, preparing monthly journal entries, complying with monthly internal SOX controls, and other accounting functions. The person in this role will work closely with internal departments and external departments to complete various tasks.
• Create and submit monthly journal entries for music license fees, trade, and film broadcast rights
• Research and reconcile cash accounts, providing detailed explanations and corrections for variances
• Create annual film budgets for both payment and amortization for first and second run programming
• Reconcile and analyze assigned general ledger accounts
• Support and work closely with Regional Business Managers for assigned markets
• Prepare and update account reconciliations in Blackline for assigned markets
• Performs all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end duties ensuring accurate and timely close
• Assists Accounts Payable by reviewing and approving film invoices prior to processing
• Acts as Business Administrator (BA) within DocLink for Hub accounts and for markets without a BA
• Perform vendor account set-up and maintenance in AX working with Accounts Payable
• Various ad hoc accounting projects
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or equivalent relevant work experience
• Strong computer skills, with an emphasis in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Minimum two years' experience in corporate accounting or financial analysis preferred. Experience in the broadcast industry and/or a public company environment is a plus.
• Ability to work extra hours as needed to complete assignments and meet time sensitive goals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm8w6-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.