Sr. Dev Ops Engineer- Temp
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer with experience in delivering large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing a team that runs the cloud infrastructure for our software applications that will help shape the broadcast industry now and into the future. Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering for Nexstar Digital, the right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, Scrum, Mobile, Platform, and Data Engineering teams
to deliver software that can drive customer and business value from the Company's unique market position. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate leader with an extensive devops background skilled at solving complex challenges by building innovative software systems using the latest best practices in technology. Should have strong expertise in software development and delivery of large scale applications.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable digging into requirements, exceptional coding and release management skills, envisioning and architecting cloud services, helping build new software systems and infrastructure, mentor engineers, manage a team of engineers and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
• Recruit and lead a team of DevOps Engineers
• Delivering, scalable, clean and robust software development
• Enforcing consistent software quality by implementing tests and performing code reviews
• Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to build a seamless media
• Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
• Debug issues in production/live systems
• Build and maintain infrastructure as code with Terraform/Cloud formation
• Build and develop CI/CD pipelines
• Continuously improve the platform and the infrastructure
• Perform code reviews
• Strong development skills in an Object oriented language, Python preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related ﬁeld
• 5+ years of experience managing devops teams
• 5+ years experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results
within schedule and budget constraints
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with stakeholders, to understand business
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology
limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry highly desired
• Past experience developing automation tools; CI/CD
• Past experience working within at least one major cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills, experience with Agile
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design, and microservices
• System knowledge and experience
○ Setting up and maintaining CI systems
○ AWS (VPC, terraform, Lambda, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, ElasticCache, Route53, SNS, DynamoDB)
○ Experience with versioning such as Github/bitbucket
○ DevOps & Automation: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins etc.
About Nexstar Digital
Nexstar's digital media products and services focus on providing innovative solutions to audiences, clients and any business looking to gain an edge in the shifting digital landscape. Along with Nexstar's dedication to providing local news, entertainment and sports content through its digital platforms, Nexstar Digital's companies provide digital publishing and content management platforms, a video advertising platform, digital agency services and other digital media solutions to publishers andadvertisers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n5bn-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.